Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Where is your home?


47I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. 48He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.
-Luke 6:47-48 (New International Version)

But what is a house other than something that you live in? Isn't Home the place where you long to be?

home–noun
2.the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.

Before I left for YWAM I lived in Ohio and that was home, even when my parents had moved to Delaware. Ohio was where my "domestic affections were centered" where my heart and mind were. I never lived in Delaware so it is not home to me, other than seeing my family. I'm going to my parents house, not home. In a similar way shouldn't this be how it is with God? He is not your house, but our home. We are longing to be with him, this is the place where we belong where we wish to be. It shouldn't be our house, the place that we temporarily dwell in, but the place where our heart truely lies and where we wish to be, dwelling with the Lord Almighty

Just a Thought
-B3N

No comments: