Wednesday, November 25, 2009

MuteMath Armistice album



I recently got the new MuteMath album, and I am quite impressed. Any good band knows that you need to evolve their music in order to keep a fresh sound. Even during such a change the band still should keep its own element, this can be seen in many different bands; U2, the beatles, etc. MuteMath seems to have nailed it with this album, between its lyrical content and musical prowess it is one of the best albums to come out this year.

The song Clipping seemed to hit me most. The lyrics and music are simple but if you sit and dwell on them for a while it makes you think a lot about the world we live in. Clipping is the first part of the video I have posted for you.

Here are the lyrics for you.
Feeling overload
Carrying bottled skies around
I've been drowning all along
Wearing out in a faltered sea
And i give up

Common sense failed again
Meddling in a foreign scene
Foreign dream
Time won't spare another sun
Daring me with another choice another choice

Anymore i don't know who to fight anymore
I don't know what is right anymore anymore

Anymore i don't know who to fight anymore
I don't know what is right anymore anymore

Anymore i don't know how to feel anymore
I don't know what is real anymore anymore

Anymore i don't know who to trust anymore
I don't know what i want anymore anymore

Anymore i don't know who to blame anymore
I don't know what to say anymore anymore

Anymore i don't know what i want anymore
I just don't know anymore

My buddy Jason told me about this song and how the chorus(es) just hit him because it is constantly how he is feeling. It truly is the theme song of a messed up world.

I often feel the same way these days. Who do we trust? Who is to blame for the problems we are facing today? Who are we fighting and why? What do I really want?

Though the world changes and becomes more confusing we know who to trust in and what is right. even when man changes God is still the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Hebrews 13:8 "8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." As much as we are often confused we seem to forget this fact.

No comments: